Requirements for New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa
For an individual to be eligible to apply for a Permanent Resident Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident visa holder or have held one before in the last 3 month prior to your application
- You must have held or currently a holder of resident visa for New Zealand for at least continuous 2 years
- You must meet all the conditions under the Immigration Act section 49 (1)
- You must meet the character requirements
- You must have met 1 of the 5 New Zealand commitment to New Zealand criteria
If you are not the principal applicant for the New Zealand PR, you will not normally be allowed to apply for a PR visa unless you apply same time as the principal applicant. Under the residence categories, any applicants may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa straight away and will not need to be a holder of a Resident Visa. One example is the Work to Resident Visa where in an individual may be granted a permanent Resident visa if they have been employed by an accredited employer. This will also allow the work to resident visa holder to earn a basic salary of 90,000 New Zealand dollar per year and meet the residence from work criteria.
Permits and Visas Reviews is an immigration online information specifically made for individuals who are wanting to Migrate abroad. We help inform people and foreign migrants of their immigration options, know the requirements, and immigration processes. We get our immigration information from government websites of Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Australia, UK and USA. Migrate to New Zealand and obtain a Permanent Resident Visa.