Application for Australian Skilled Independent Visa
Who is the Subclass 189 Visa for?
The Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa is a PR visa designed for Skilled migrants who have their occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and have fulfilled the point score requirement in the point test. All applications for the Subclass 189 visa are by invitations only and invitations are issues only after EOI has been successful. Applicants are allowed to apply from within or without Australia both when they are applying and when they are receiving the granted visa.
So How Do I Quality for the Subclass 189 Visa?
Those who must qualify for the 189 Skilled Independent Visa must:
- Have an occupation that is listed in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Have a good skills assessment in the chosen occupation and this must have been issued in less than 3 years ago
- Have the minimum points score of 60 points in the points test
- Have a minimum score of 6 in each component of the IELTS or equivalent score in any other accepted English Test. Those who have been exempted (USA, UK, NZ, Canada and Ireland) may not bother about this
- Have made an EOI lodgment and must have received an Invitation to Apply
- Not be more than 50 years old at the time of application
- Submit a visa application within 60 days of receipt of ITA
How are Expressions of Interest Selected for Invitation?
EOIs submitted through SkillSelect are ranked by the DIBP based on claimed made about the skills of the applicant. Applicants with the highest point scores get preferred first and this is subject to the number of positions available under the operation of the occupational ceiling for the occupation the applicant is applying for.
All who are given Invitation to Apply and have applied will have the application assessed against the points test. Before the visa can be granted, the applicant must have earned at least 60 points.
Are you interested in a Subclass 189 Visa?
Permits and Visas Reviews advice you to choose a team of expert immigration consultants in Dubai who are dedicated in helping you obtain your Skilled Independent Visa in the fastest possible time frame with the least possible stress. There are registered and licensed immigration consultants who have an enviable track record of excellence and success with SkillSelect visas and the best Australian immigration consultants in Dubai with full recognition from relevant bodies. This will guarantee that your visa application will be stress free and positive. To avoid Australian permits and visas complaints in Dubai, check the accreditation of the consultancy you are planning to hire.