How New Zealand Skilled Migrant Points Calculator Works
It is always good to understand how points are calculated for the New Zealand Skilled Migrant program. This will help you know your standing when applying for your visa. There are a set of questions that can help you know this. They are basically YES/NO questions but in the end, it will help you see where you stand if you were to apply right now.
The criteria are listed below on a category basis. These are not final as the Immigration of New Zealand has the final say on what points to award to what criteria.
For a Skilled Employment Visa:
- Do you have a skilled employment in New Zealand at the moment and have been employed for the past 12 months? YES/NO
- Do you have a skilled employment in New Zealand at the moment and the employment has not been for up to 12 months? YES/NO
- Have you got an offer for a skilled employment in New Zealand? YES/NO
- Is this job offer in any of the New Zealand’s
- Identified future growth areas? YES/NO
- Areas where there is critical skills shortage? YES/NO
- Is your job or employment offer for a location other than Auckland in New Zealand? YES/NO
- Have you got a recognized tertiary education? YES/NO
- Did your tertiary education begin before 24 July 2011? YES/NO
- Have you got any recognized Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree? YES/NO
- Do you have a BSc degree obtained in NZ followed by at least 2 years of full time study in NZ? YES/NO
- Do you have post-graduate certificate obtained in NZ followed by at least 12 months full time study? YES/NO
Relevant Work Experience:
- How many years of relevant work experience do you have (anywhere)?
- How many year of relevant work experience do you have in New Zealand?
- How many years of relevant work experience do you have in any of the New Zealand identified future growth areas or areas of absolute skills shortage?
- Was the experience gained in a comparable labor market or in an areas of absolute skills shortage? YES/NO
- How old are you currently?
- Have you got close relatives that are living in New Zealand, who is a citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand? YES/NO
- Have you got a partner? YES/NO
- Has your partner got the required English language proficiency to be a principal applicant? YES/NO
- Has your partner got any skilled employment in NZ or has he/she been offered a skilled employment in NZ? YES/NO
- Has your partner got a recognized tertiary qualification? YES/NO
- Has your partner got close relatives who are citizens or permanent residents in New Zealand? YES/NO
Permits and Visas Reviews mentioned sample of questions you may likely be asked to answer. These questions along with some other documents will be required as part of your application for visa. As you can see, this could be time consuming, costly and complicated as you don’t know what to expect for any answer you supply. This is why you cannot do this alone. To be unofficially assessed, you can contact New Zealand Immigration Agents in Dubai who are licensed and registered to assist visa applications.